Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
|Ground chicken||1 Pound (ground chicken breast)|
|Ranch dressing mix||4 Tablespoon (1 packet)|
|Hot wing sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Celery ribs||1 , minced|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Jalapeno peppers||12 Large, cored, seeded|
|Bacon strips||6 , cut in half|
1. In a bowl combine the first six ingredients and mix well. Keep aside or refrigerate until required.
2. Remove the tops of the jalapenos and remove the seeds using a corer. Wear gloves while doing this.
3. Arrange jalapenos on a rack.
4. Add half the prepared chicken mixture into a zip top plastic bag and cut a small hole in the corner.
5. Using zip top bag as a pastry bag squeeze chicken mixture into each jalapeno.
6. Wrap each jalapeno with 1/2 strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
7. Place the rack of peppers on the grill and cook at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
8. Check the internal temperature of the chicken with an instant read thermometer, it should read 165 degrees.
9. Remove from grill and allow to cool.
10. Serve the poppers with blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping.
Calories 116 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g13%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.6 mg11.9%
Sodium 572.9 mg23.9%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.66 g2.7%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 8 g15.1%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 14.4%
Calcium 1% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet