Gluten Free Pumpkin Whoopie Pie
|Bisquick||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), firmly packed|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1 Tablespoon|
|Pumpkin puree||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Eggs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), beaten|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Light cream cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Powdered sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F or 175 degrees C.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray them with non-stick spray.
3. Add the Bisquick, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice to a medium bowl, then stir with a wire whisk to get everything well combined.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, oil, eggs and vanilla until well combined.
5. Using a rubber spatula, stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until the mixture is well combined (the batter will be fairly thick).
6. Use a medium scooper or two spoons to divide the batter evenly into 24 cookies onto the two prepared baking sheets.
7. Bake for 12 minutes, then rotate the pans and bake for another 6 minutes.
8. Remove them from the oven and allow cooling completely before filling.
9. For the filling, beat together the cream cheese and butter then add the sugar and vanilla, and beat until smooth and creamy.
10. When the cookies are completely cooled, turn half of the cookies upside down.
11. Place a generous dollop of the filling onto the centers of those cookies.
12. Top each with a second cookie and press down so that the filling just reaches the edges.
13. Leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator.
14. Serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4388 Calories from Fat 1158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 131 g200.8%
Saturated Fat 41 g205%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 204.9 mg68.3%
Sodium 5061.5 mg210.9%
Total Carbohydrates 761 g253.7%
Dietary Fiber 21.7 g87%
Sugars 384.8 g
Protein 49 g97.2%
Vitamin A 794.4% Vitamin C 23%
Calcium 108.1% Iron 38.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet