1. Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
2. Prepare a greased 9x11 baking dish.
3. In a large bowl the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt, set aside. Mix well.
4. In another large bowl combine buttermilk, vegetable oil and eggs. Beat until the wet ingredients until well combined.
5. Combine the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and until all the mixture is well incorporated.
6. Pour the batter into the baking dish.
7. Bake it for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned.
8. Once done butter the top of the cornbread while it’s still warm.
9. Serve the cornbread along with the collard greens and turkey wings.
FOR THE COLLARD GREENS WITH SMOKED TURKEY WINGS
1. Clean, rinse and trim the collard greens, remove the hard steam.
2. Dice the tomatoes and scallions and keep it aside in a bowl.
3. In a stock pot combine the turkey wings, chicken stock and water, cover and let it simmer for 45-60 minutes.
4. Add the trimmed collard greens followed by apple cider vinegar, pepper, sugar, garlic and salt and all-purpose seasoning, grand diamond seasoning, stir and combine.
5. Cover the pot and simmer over medium to medium high heat for 1 – 1 ½ hour, occasionally keep stirring after every 20 minutes.
6. Put some tomatoes and scallions mixture over the collard greens with turkey wings and serve it along with a side of cornbread.