|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Diced cooked ham||1⁄4 Pound|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound, undrained (1 can)|
|Canned condensed chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), undiluted|
|Raw shrimp||1 1⁄2 Pound, shelled and deveined|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hot red pepper sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Long grain white rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In Dutch oven, melt butter and saute for 5 minutes till the onions are soft.
3. Add garlic and ham. Saute 5 minutes more.
4. Add chicken broth, tomatoes, bay leaf, red-pepper sauce, shrimp, parsley,salt, thyme, and pepper.
5. Cover and boil the ingredients.
6. In 2-quart casserole, pour the mixture.
7. Sprinkle rice over top of mixture. Slowly press in the liquid so that the rice is covered. Do not stir. Cover.
8. Place it in oven. Bake 40 minutes till rice is cooked.
9. Toss gently before serving.
10. Serve Creole Ambalaya garnished with parsley.