|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 stick)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ripe bananas||4 , peeled and split lengthwise|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|White rum||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Banana liqueur||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (creme de banana)|
|Vanilla ice cream/Sweetened whipped cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In flat chafing dish or attractive skillet, melt butter and brown sugar together.
2. Add bananas.Saute the mixture for 5 minutes till tender. Turn once in between.
4. Sprinkle cinnamon.
5. Turn mixture in rum and banana liqueur. Ignite with match.
6. Remove from heat and baste bananas until the flame burns out.
7. Serve Bananas Foster immediately, with vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.