Hawaiian Butter Mochi - Hawaiian Desserts
|Mochiko rice flour||450 Gram (1 box)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. Take a cup cake pan and line the individual servings with banana leaves as demonstrated in the video and keep aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl add mochiko rice flour, baking powder and sugar. Also add a pinch of salt and mix until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, add 5 large eggs, 1 can of evaporated milk, water and vanilla extract. Whisk together to combine well.
5. Mix the dry ingredients while you gradually add the liquid mixture. Once both are combined, mix until you have a smooth batter.
6. Add the melted butter at this point.
7. Take the cake pan and fill the lined cups with the mixture. Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
8. Serve with freshly cut fruits.
When using a banana leaf to line the servings of the cup cake pan, pass the leaf a couple of times over a heated stove to release the oils so that the leaf is more pliable and easier to work with.
If using a 9 X 13 baking pan, bake for 60 minutes in a 350 degree F oven, or until the top is golden brown and the mochi's are springy to the touch.