Crusty Sugar Peach Cobbler from pg. 187 of Rosalie Serving Country
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Crisco fat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the peach filling|
|Peaches||9 Cup (144 tbs), slice|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Peel and slice the peaches and keep it aside.
2. Preheat the oven at 350 degree, before you start cooking the peaches
3. In a mixing bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder and shortening.
4. Mix the ingredients with your finger tips and break the shortening so that it mixes well.
5. Once done add the whole milk and knead until you form smooth dough.
6. Dust some flour on the worktop and roll the dough enough so that we can line a 9 by 13 inch pie dish.
7. Once done in a pot combine sliced peaches, sugar, flour, tapioca, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, almond extract stir and then add the butter.
8. Cook the peaches for 5 minutes or until soft, once done pour it in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
9. Cover the top with the rolled dough and seal the edges, use a fork to punch holes on top of the dough and then sprinkle 1 cup of powdered sugar on top.
10. Bake it in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
11. Once done remove and let it cool.
12. Serve the crusty sugar peach cobbler after a heart meal.
Calories 820 Calories from Fat 288
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.8%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g48.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.2 mg4.7%
Sodium 351.2 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 128 g42.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.4%
Sugars 81.2 g
Protein 8 g15.1%
Vitamin A 14.5% Vitamin C 19.1%
Calcium 13.9% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet