Spam Musubi Recipe: Easy Hawaiian Cooking
|Spam luncheon meat||1 Can (10 oz), cut into 1/2-inch slices (Low sodium, low fat used)|
|Short grain rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (japanese short grain rice used)|
|For the sauce|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|For wrapping the musubi|
|Nori sheets||2 Medium, cut into half|
1. Wash and rinse the Japanese short grain rice well. Soak for at least 30 minutes before cooking. Cook and set aside.
2. In a small bowl mix all the ingredients for the sauce really well till the sugar dissolves. Keep this sauce ready aside.
3. Take a heated pan and fry the spam slices lightly till browned.
4. Once the Spam is done browning, turn the heat down to medium and pour in the sauce mix into the pan. Cook the sauce gently till it gets thick like teriyaki sauce. Once done, take the pan off the heat and set aside.
5. Lay one half of the nori sheet on the table and place the musubi maker on top of it. Layer the bottom with rice, then a spam slice, then rice again. Make sure to press down each layer evenly. Once pressed, remove the musubi maker and wrap with the nori sheet.
6. Serve the prepared spam musubi as a snack or as lunch food.