1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Textured Vegetable Protein, Soaked In Water)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Rinsed To Remove Ice)
3 Clove (15 gm), minced
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Canned crushed tomatoes
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Sauté in olive oil the garlic, onion, spices and tofu on a medium heat for 5 minutes allowing the tofu to brown.
2. Add the TVP, corn and cilantro leaves and continue to sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
3. Add crushed tomato and salt to taste.
4. Simmer for 5 minutes to allow excess moisture to cook off, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove from heat and let it cool.
Southern Tofu Taco Salad is a blessing in disguise for the vegetarians. See how Ed makes this scrumptious dish that can double up as a filling for good ol' tacos as well. Now, who said life is not abundant, eh? Watch and learn how to make this from this dish video. Bon Appétit!