Apple Charlotte Passover
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Grated apples||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Matzo meal||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Slivovitz||1 Tablespoon (plum brandy)|
|Egg whites||8 , stiffly beaten|
|Ground pecans||4 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven at 350° C.
2. In a bowl, take egg yolks, sugar and salt. Beat it till it turns thick and lemon in colour.
3. Add apples, matzo meal, lemon rind and slivovitz.
4. Add egg whites.
5. Grease an 8-inch spring form. Pour the above mixture into it.
6. Top it with nuts.
7. Bake it in an oven at 350° for 35 minutes or until it becomes brown and firm.
8. Keep it aside to cool. After cooling, remove sides of pan.
9. Serve Apple Charlotte Passover as it is.
Calories 280 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.4%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.5 mg30.8%
Sodium 88.7 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.8%
Sugars 29.1 g
Protein 8 g15.5%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 8.2%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet