Chile Con Carne
|Salad oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Diced green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground chuck||1 Pound|
|Barley water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chili powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Kidney beans||4 Cup (64 tbs) (cooked or canned)|
1) Take a Dutch oven or heavy casserole and heat oil in it. Add green pepper and onions. Cook for about 10 minutes.
2) Add meat and cook over high heat until brown, stirring constantly.
3) Stir in tomatoes, water, chili powder, sugar, salt and garlic.
4) Cover and cook over low heat for about 1 hour.
5) Add beans and cook for another 30 minutes.
6) Transfer to a serving dish. Serve piping hot.
Calories 1162 Calories from Fat 368
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.5%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g51.9%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 80 mg26.7%
Sodium 859.6 mg35.8%
Total Carbohydrates 141 g47.1%
Dietary Fiber 35.2 g141%
Sugars 14.5 g
Protein 65 g129.3%
Vitamin A 85.7% Vitamin C 74.1%
Calcium 24.3% Iron 93%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet