Chile Con Carne
|Salad oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Diced green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground chuck||1 Pound|
|Barley water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chili powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Kidney beans||4 Cup (64 tbs) (cooked or canned)|
1) Take a Dutch oven or heavy casserole and heat oil in it. Add green pepper and onions. Cook for about 10 minutes.
2) Add meat and cook over high heat until brown, stirring constantly.
3) Stir in tomatoes, water, chili powder, sugar, salt and garlic.
4) Cover and cook over low heat for about 1 hour.
5) Add beans and cook for another 30 minutes.
6) Transfer to a serving dish. Serve piping hot.