Spoon Bread with Corn
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|White cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Plain non fat yogurt||8 Ounce (1 carton)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Canned whole kernel golden sweet corn||7 Ounce, undrained (1 can, Green Giant Niblets)|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Take either 1-quart souffle dish or 8-inch square baking pan and grease.
3. In a medium saucepan boil water.
4. Slowly mix in cornmeal and salt.
5. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until mixture becomes very thick, stirring constantly.
6. Mix margarine after removing from heat.
7. Beat in baking powder, yogurt and 2 egg yolks.
8. Also, mix undrained corn.
9. Beat 2 egg whites until stiff in a bowl.
10. Fold into cornmeal mixture.
11. On the greased dish pour batter.
12. Sprinkle with additional cornmeal, if desired.
13. Bake at 375°F for 40 to 50 minutes.
14. Serve as a snack