Cabbage Apple Slaw
|Cabbage head||1 1⁄2 Pound, grated in food processor or with hand grater (1 small or 1/2 large size)|
|Apple||1 , cored and cut in chunks (Granny Smith or Golden Delicious)|
|Carrot||1 Small, peeled and grated|
|Mayonnaise/Sour cream / yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Apple||1 , unpeeled and sliced (for garnish)|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine together the cabbage, apple, carrot, and mayonnaise, sour cream, or yogurt, toss well.
3) Seasonwith lemon juice, salt, and pepper, as needed.
4) Taste and adjust the seasoning.
5) Refrigerate until serving time.
6) It can be made a day ahead or earlier in the day.
7) Garnish the cold slaw with apple slices and serve.