Cabbage Apple Slaw
|Cabbage head||1 1⁄2 Pound, grated in food processor or with hand grater (1 small or 1/2 large size)|
|Apple||1 , cored and cut in chunks (Granny Smith or Golden Delicious)|
|Carrot||1 Small, peeled and grated|
|Mayonnaise/Sour cream / yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Apple||1 , unpeeled and sliced (for garnish)|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine together the cabbage, apple, carrot, and mayonnaise, sour cream, or yogurt, toss well.
3) Seasonwith lemon juice, salt, and pepper, as needed.
4) Taste and adjust the seasoning.
5) Refrigerate until serving time.
6) It can be made a day ahead or earlier in the day.
7) Garnish the cold slaw with apple slices and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1932 Calories from Fat 1569
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 174 g268.3%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 157.1 mg52.4%
Sodium 1571.2 mg65.5%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g30.8%
Dietary Fiber 28.6 g114.4%
Sugars 55.3 g
Protein 11 g21.5%
Vitamin A 184% Vitamin C 517.8%
Calcium 34.7% Iron 24.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet