Vegetable Brunswick Stew
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green bell pepper||1 Medium, chopped|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooked chicken||1 Pound, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Canned whole tomatoes||16 Ounce, undrained, cut up to make 2 cups|
|Canned butter beans||15 1⁄2 Ounce, drained|
|Canned whole kernel sweet corn||7 Ounce (Green Giant, Niblets)|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sliced okra||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Cold water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. In a large saucepan heat margarine. Add onion and green pepper until soft.
2. Pour chicken broth over it. Add chicken, tomatoes, beans, corn and crushed red pepper.
3. Stir well and bring to boil.
4. Cook over low flame for 15 minutes.
5. Mix okra and cook over simmer for 5 minutes until okra is cooked.
6. Take a small jar with tight-fitting lid. Add cold water and flour into it.
7. Shake well until combined.
8. Add it to the stew mixture.
9. Cook over medium heat stirring frequently until thick.
10. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
11. Serve immediately.