Quick Beef Stew
|Beef cube steaks||1 Pound|
|Frozen french cut green beans cauliflower and carrots||1 Pound (1 Package)|
|Canned beef gravy||10 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Frozen chopped onion/Dried, minced onion flakes - 1/2 teaspoon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Mashed potato flakes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Dry Instant, Or Granules, If Using The Powdered Form, Use Only 1/3 Cup)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, shredded to make 1/2 cup|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. To prepare beef cube steaks cut them into 1-inch squares.
3. Take a 10-inch round baking dish or 1-quart shallow casserole and mix well combining beef, frozen vegetables, gravy, onion, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and pepper.
4. In small bowl, place instant-potato flakes and stir in boiling water, Cheddar cheese and milk until potato is smooth and fluffy.
5. On top of beef mixture drop tablespoonfuls of potato mixture in rows and bake 25 to 30 minutes or till mixture is bubbling and potato is lightly browned.
6. Serve the stew with garnish as desired.
Calories 462 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.5%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 119.9 mg40%
Sodium 647.7 mg27%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.4%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 52 g103.7%
Vitamin A 118.5% Vitamin C 26.4%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 35%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet