All American Baked Beans
|Great northern beans/Navy beans||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Lean salt pork||4 Ounce|
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Cover the beans with water. Soak it overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 250°.
3. Boil the beans and simmer till the beans are tender.
4. Drain excess water. Reserve the water in a bowl.
5. Pour the boiling water on salt pork. Let it stand for 10 minutes and then drain the excess water.
6. Remove the rinds. Discard.
7. Make small cubes and then place them in a large bean pot. Add onions.
8. Add the reserved liquid to cover the beans. Stir well.
9. Bake for 8 hours at 250°.
10. Add boiling water or bean liquid to cover the beans.
11. Serve All American baked beans hot.