|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Sliced celery||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth/2 chicken-bouillon cubes||2 Ounce (2 Envelopes)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned pineapple tidbits||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce (1 Can, 3 Or 4 Ounce)|
|Canned water chestnuts||5 Ounce, drained and sliced (1 Can)|
|Whole blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked turkey strips||3 Cup (48 tbs), julienne strips|
|Fluffy hot rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In large frying pan, saute onion in vegetable oil such that soft.
2. Stir in frozen peas, celery, instant chicken broth or bouillon cubes and water, heat to boil with cover and simmer 5 minutes.
3. in 2-cup measure blend cornstarch and soy sauce until smooth.
4. Over a bowl through a sieve drain the pineapple and mushroom and stir in drained syrup into vegetable mixture.
5. Cook with frequent stirring such that the sauce thickens and boils for 3 minutes.
6. Stir in pineapple, mushrooms, water chestnuts, almonds and 2 cups of turkey and heat slowly with cover such that hot.
7. On heated serving plates, in a ring, spoon hot rice and mound turkey mixture in center.
8. To serve top with saved turkey strips in crisscross fashion and garnish with sliced kumquat and crystallized ginger.
Calories 575 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.5%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.2 mg12.4%
Sodium 626.1 mg26.1%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g33.9%
Sugars 25.1 g
Protein 34 g67.6%
Vitamin A 37% Vitamin C 33.7%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet