|Mashed cooked hubbard squash/Frozen winter squash - 2 packets||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Crushed pineapple||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Defrost the frozen winter squash as per its packet instructions. Heat it in a saucepan.
2) If using the cooked, mashed squash heat it.
3) Drain the canned pineapple. Keep aside the pineapple syrup.
4) Into the hot squash, add in the butter, drained pineapple pieces, sugar, salt and pepper. Beat well to mix all the ingredients.
5) Pour in about 1 to 2 tablespoons of the reserved canned pineapple juice into the squash mixture. Mix till it becomes slightly light and fluffy.
6) Serve the Hawaiin Squash garnished with fresh mint leaves.
Calories 204 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.7%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 492.2 mg20.5%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 14.1 g
Protein 3 g5.9%
Vitamin A 139.5% Vitamin C 32.4%
Calcium 0.5% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet