Homemade Sloppy Joe
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground turkey/Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, diced|
|Liquid smoke||4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 can)|
|Barbecue sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ketchup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Dash|
|Celery flakes/Fresh celery||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic pepper seasoning salt||2 Teaspoon (Lawrys)|
|Buns||6 Medium, toasted|
1. In a pan, heat olive oil on medium. Add the onions and sauté till translucent.
2. Put the turkey and cook till the meat turns brown. Drain off excess fat rendered.
3. Add liquid smoke and mix well. Cook for a few more minutes.
4. Put the tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and stir well till incorporated.
5. Season with celery flakes and garlic pepper seasoning. Stir to mix and continue to cook till the sauce thickens to desired consistency. Turn off the heat.
6. In a serving plate, serve in toasted potato buns with baked fries, salad or corn on the cob.
Calories 383 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.6%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 59.7 mg19.9%
Sodium 1209.5 mg50.4%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.2%
Sugars 12.6 g
Protein 20 g39.2%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 18.8%
Calcium 15.2% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet