|Egg yolks||4 , slightly beaten|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soft butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated mace||1 Pinch|
|Cooked lobster||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
1. Take a double boiler, add cream, egg yolks, and milk to its top part. Heat the mixture to scalding and stir often during the cooking time.
2. Take a bowl, add butter, flour and mace and prepare a paste.
3. Add the creamy mixture into the egg - yolk mixture and stir well.
4. If the sauce turns out thick, then thin it by adding little milk.
5. Stir in lobster meat and season with salt.
6. Cook the sauce on low heat for about 10 -12 minutes.
7. Stir in sherry.
8. Serve the lobster Newburg on buttered toast points.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2672 Calories from Fat 1943
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 220 g339.2%
Saturated Fat 130.1 g650.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1730.1 mg576.7%
Sodium 1613.6 mg67.2%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18%
Dietary Fiber 0.94 g3.8%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 119 g237.7%
Vitamin A 164.1% Vitamin C 16.5%
Calcium 64.9% Iron 46.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet