Hawaiian Gammon Rashers
|Gammon steaks||2 (1-inch thickness)|
|Pineapple slices||1 Can (10 oz) (small)|
|Corn oil||3 Drop|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Corn flour||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) Slice of the rind from the gammon steaks.
3) Place four slices of pineapple over the gammon.
4) Pierce the cloves into the fat portion of the meat.
5) Using a pastry brush, apply corn oil all over the steak and pineapple slices.
6) Arrange the steaks on a baking dish.
7) Pour the canned pineapple juice over the steaks.
8) Bake the steaks fir about 25 minutes.
9) Once baked, pull the cloves out from the meat. Transfer the steak and pineapples onto the serving dish.
10) In a small bowl, add cornsflour with dry mustard. Add in a tablespoon of water and mix to make a smooth paste.
11) Add the cornflour paste into the baking dish, containing the juices. Mix thoroughly.
12) Cook the mixture for about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
13) Garnish the Hawaiian Gammon Rashers with glaced cherries, chopped mint and parsley leaves.
14) Spoon the mustard sauce over the gammon steaks or serve on the side.