New England Fish Chowder
|Halibut fillets||2 Pound|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Potato||3 Cup (48 tbs), cut-up, pared|
|Bacon slices||6 , chopped|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light cream/Half-and-half||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Take a large saucepan and add halibut and 2 cups water. Bring it to a boil.
2) Decrease heat and cover the pan. Simmer it for 10 minutes or until fish is flaky. Remove from water and keep aside.
3) Then, add 1 teaspoon salt and the potato to the pan. Cover it and boil for about 8 minutes or until potato is almost tender.
4) In a shallow pan, saute bacon until crisp and remove from pan and drain on paper towel.
5) In the same pan, saute onion in until tender.
6) Add fish, bacon, onion, remaining salt and remaining ingredients, to broth and potato. Bring this mixture to boil
7) Decrease heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Do not cover.
8) Serve New England Fish Chowder hot.