All American Apple Pie
|Piecrust mix||11 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Tart cooking apples||2 1⁄2 Pound, pared, thinly sliced (Such As Greening, Northern Spy, Mcintosh)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Make pie crust as per the package instructions.
3) Shape the pastry into ball and divide it into half. Form each half into a round and then flatten each with palm of hand.
4) On lightly floured pastry cloth, roll half of pastry into a 12-inch circle and using a sharp knife cut and reserve pastry trimmings.
5) Now, fold rolled pastry in half and place it into a 9-inch pie plate in a manner that the fold is in centre. Unfold pastry to fit into pie plate.
6) Press gently with fingers and refrigerate until ready to use.
7) Take a small bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
8) Take a large bowl and add apple with lemon juice. Now, mix sugar mixture to apple and toss lightly to combine.
9) Roll the other half pastry into a 12-inch circle and trim circle to even edges. Reserve pastry trimmings. Fold it in half.
10) Put the apple mixture into pastry-lined pie plate, mounding high in center. Dot with butter.
11) Carefully adjust folded pastry over filling. Moisten edge of bottom pastry with a little water and seal juices so that juices do not run out. Crimp edge. Make large slit in center for steam vent.
12) Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until apple is fork-tender and crust is golden. Cool on wire rack.
13) Serve all American apple pie warm with ice cream or Cheddar cheese.