Kentucky Bourbon Cake
|Chopped pecans/Chopped walnuts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Candied red cherries||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
|Dark raisins/Light raisins||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bourbon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), softened (3 Sticks)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) Take a 10 inch kuchen, Bundt or tube pan and grease and flour nicely.
2) Take a large bowl and mix walnuts, cherries and raisins with 1/2 cup bourbon well. Leave it for several hours-€”liquid will be absorbed.
3) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4) Take a waxed paper sheet and sift together flour with baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
5) Take a large bowl and beat together butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth, light and fluffy with an electric mixer.
6) Fold in eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Continue to until the batter is thick and fluffy and lighter in color.
7) Add flour mixture and beat until smooth at low speed. Add to fruit and mix well until incorporated.
8) Put the mixture into prepared pan and smooth top with spatula.
9) Bake in center of oven 1 hour and 20 minutes in kuchen pan, 1 hour and 15 minutes in Bundt pan, or 1 hour and 10 minutes in tube pan.
10) Cool the cake in pan on wire rack 20 minutes. Loosen it with small spatula and invert on rack and cool completely.
11) In small bowl, soak a large piece of cheesecloth in 1/2 cup bourbon. Stretch cheesecloth on large piece of foil. Place cake in center. Wrap cake in cheesecloth and then wrap in foil. Refrigerate several days to mellow.
12) Serve Kentucky Bourbon cake very thinly sliced on room temperature.