Southern Style Jambalaya
|Bacon drippings||3 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Green onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped|
|Minced fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Boneless lean pork||1⁄4 Pound, cubed|
|Boneless chicken breasts||1⁄2 Pound, cubed|
|Mild italian sausage links||1⁄2 Pound, cut into bite-size pieces|
|Bacon drippings||4 Tablespoon|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Uncooked regular rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh parsley sprigs||5|
1) Take a large Dutch oven and combine together 3 tablespoons bacon drippings with flour. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until roux turns the color of a copper penny.
2) Add parsley, onion and garlic.
3) Cook for about 10-15 minutes or until onions become tender, stirring constantly.
4) Cook chicken, sausage and pork in 3-4 tablespoons bacon drippings until brown in color.
5) Add meat and the next 5 ingredients to the vegetable mixture and bring to a boil.
6) Remove chicken wings and transfer the rice mixture to platter.
7) Arrange the chicken wings nicely around the rice mixture and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
Calories 477 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.9%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76.7 mg25.6%
Sodium 647.4 mg27%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.2%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 28 g56.2%
Vitamin A 18.4% Vitamin C 28.5%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet