Southern Style Jambalaya
|Bacon drippings||3 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Green onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped|
|Minced fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Boneless lean pork||1⁄4 Pound, cubed|
|Boneless chicken breasts||1⁄2 Pound, cubed|
|Mild italian sausage links||1⁄2 Pound, cut into bite-size pieces|
|Bacon drippings||4 Tablespoon|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Uncooked regular rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh parsley sprigs||5|
1) Take a large Dutch oven and combine together 3 tablespoons bacon drippings with flour. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until roux turns the color of a copper penny.
2) Add parsley, onion and garlic.
3) Cook for about 10-15 minutes or until onions become tender, stirring constantly.
4) Cook chicken, sausage and pork in 3-4 tablespoons bacon drippings until brown in color.
5) Add meat and the next 5 ingredients to the vegetable mixture and bring to a boil.
6) Remove chicken wings and transfer the rice mixture to platter.
7) Arrange the chicken wings nicely around the rice mixture and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.