Mocha Alaska Dessert
|Vanilla wafer crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cinnamon graham cracker crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Finely chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Coffee ice cream||1⁄2 Gallon, softened|
|English toffee flavored candy bars||6 1⁄3 Ounce, crushed|
|Marshmallow creme||7 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Kahlua/Other coffee-flavored liqueur||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a bowl, add both the crumbs, pecans, butter, and cocoa.
2) Mix well.
3) Add the mix and press down evenly onto the bottom of a 9-inch baking pan.
4) Place in oven at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool.
5) In a bowl, add softened ice cream and crushed candy bars and gently mix.
6) Add over the cooled crust.
7) Cover and freeze till firm.
8) Combine marshmallow creme and liqueur, and mix with a wire whisk till well blended.
9) Beat the egg whites till foamy.
10) Add in the marshmallow creme mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, and beat till stiff peaks.
11) Spread the meringue over the top of the ice cream mixture, ensuring that the edges are sealed.
12) Place in the oven at 475° for 3 minutes, or till lightly browned.
13) Garnish each portion with a wafer biscuit and serve.