Freezer to Oven to Table Popovers
|Unbleached flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Use custard cups, individual souffle dishes, individual brioche molds or large muffin pans to grease with generous quantity of oil. Place aside.
2) In a bowl, add flour, salt, butter, and milk.
3) Beat altogether until the mixture becomes smooth.
4) One by one, beat in eggs, without overbeating.
5) Fill the cups or molds half full with the batter.
6) Place the cups on a tray and place inside freezer.
7) When the popovers are frozen, quickly dip the cups in warm water to release the frozen batter from the cups.
8) In a plastic bag, place the frozen cups and tightly seal.
9) Return inside freezer to store for up to 9 months.
10) Bake the frozen popovers and serve immediately.
To bake, arrange the frozen popovers in the same greased containers, where these were frozen.
Place the containers in preheated 450 degree oven to bake for 15 minutes or more, until turns golden.
Calories 878 Calories from Fat 274
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.3%
Saturated Fat 15.2 g76.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 477.8 mg159.3%
Sodium 719.2 mg30%
Total Carbohydrates 116 g38.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.6%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 34 g67.9%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 33.3% Iron 45.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet