American Braised Guinea Fowl
|Guinea fowl/Pheasant||1 , cut into quarters (1 Bird)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Wine vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||6 Fluid Ounce|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped tarragon||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked rice||1 Pound|
1. If using oven, preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit, 180 degree Celsius.
2. In a pan heat butter and brown the bird from all sides.
3. Add onions, garlic, mustard, vinegar, stock, chopped herbs and seasoning.
4. Put on the lid and simmer on top of a cooker or in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until it is almost tender.
5. Take off the lid and let it cook until the liquid is reduced and the bird is entirely cooked through.
6. In a serving plate arrange the rice in a ring, put the guinea fowl in the centre and sprinkle the paprika all over and serve hot.