|Assorted chicken pieces||8 (Including Thighs And Breasts)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Celery ribs||2 , sliced|
|Green peppers||2 , chopped coarsely|
|Diced tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , thinly sliced|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Scallions||2 Bunch (200 gm), sliced|
1. Take chicken pieces and broil it for 15-20 minutes or until they are crisp and brown. Keep it aside.
2. In a heavy Dutch oven or a large skillet, heat olive oil over a very low flame so as to just warm it gently.
3. Add onions, garlic, celery and pepper and saute it slowly for 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to change color and become transparent.
4. Add tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Add lemon, cayenne, black pepper, salt, basil, thyme, chili powder and bay leaves. Mix it well and let it simmer for 15 minutes. If required, add water to it.
6. Add chicken to the above mixture and cook it for approximately 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
7. Remove from flame. Taste it and correct the seasoning if required.
8. Garnish with scallions and parsley.
9. Serve Chicken Creole with noodles or rice.
Calories 609 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.6%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 210 mg70%
Sodium 767.5 mg32%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.6%
Sugars 12.5 g
Protein 69 g138.5%
Vitamin A 49.8% Vitamin C 194.2%
Calcium 17% Iron 30.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet