Cranberry And Apple Cobbler
|Cranberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sliced cooking apples||5 Cup (80 tbs), peeled|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Quick-cooking tapioca||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||6 1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven at 425°.
2. In a bowl toss gently combining cranberries, apples, sugar, tapioca and vanilla.
3. Lightly grease a 12- x 8- x 2-inch baking dish and spoon fruit mixture into it.
4. Dot with butter and set aside.
5. In a bowl combine flour and salt and cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
6. Sprinkle water evenly over flour mixture and stir with a fork until all ingredients are moistened.
7. Shape pastry into a ball and on a lightly floured board roll out pastry to 1/8-inch thickness.
8. Cut into 1/2-inch strips and arrange in lattice design over fruit.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
10. Reduce oven temperature to 350° and bake an additional 30 minutes.
11. Serve the dessert hot after dinner or as desired.