Flank Steak Southern Style
|Flank steak||2 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced onion||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and minced|
|Ketchup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground thyme||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Slash the surface of the steak lightly with a sharp knife.
2) Place a large skillet over high heat and heat the oil.
3) Brown the steak in the oil quickly on both the sides.
4) Take the skillet off the heat and lift the meat into a slow cooker.
5) Into the still hot oil, turn all the remaining ingredients right away and scrape the pan to gather all the juices.
6) Turn the sauce into the slow cooker.
7) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
8) Serve the Flank Steak Southern Style while it is still hot. Transfer to a decorative serving plate to serve. Mashed potatoes and green salad make good accompaniments.