|Bacon slices||2 , cut in half|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Black eyed peas||15 Ounce, drained (1 Can, 220 Gram Green Giant Or Joan Of Arc)|
|Brown rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), uncooked|
|Hot pepper sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Take a large saucepan and cook bacon in it until crisp. Remove and place on paper towels to drain.
2) Add garlic and onions to the drippings in the skillet and cook until soft.
3) Stir in water, black-eyed peas, bay leaf, rice, pepper, hot pepper sauce and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil.
4) Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for about 1-1 1/2 hours or until all the liquid of absorbed and rice is tender. Remove bay leaf.
5) Crumble in bacon and stir nicely.
6) Sprinkle with fresh snipped parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.