|Bacon fat/Margarine||5 Tablespoon (4 Rounded Tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Steak||1 Pound, finely chopped|
|Tomato soup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Cut off the bread crusts and slice the bread into long fingers.
3) In a saucepan, melt the bacon fat or margarine.
4) Brush each bread finger evenly with melted fat or margarine on both sides.
5) Line the bottom and sides of a 8 inch tart plate with a few fingers and reserve the rest for the top.
6) In a pan, melt a dessertspoon of margarine or butter.
7) Stir in the finely chopped onion and saute until soft and transparent.
8) Stir in the minced steak, stir and cook until it is no more pink.
9) Stir in the salt, pepper, tomato soup and chopped parsley.
10) Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes.
11) Spoon the mixture into a lined tart plate and top with rest of the bread fingers.
12) Sprinkle all over the surface with the grated cheese.
13) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
14) Serve the Beef Charlotte hot.