|Whole wheat noodles/Spaghetti||1⁄2 Pound|
|Boiling water||3 Quart|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, sliced|
|Light cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Cooked turkey||2 Cup (32 tbs), cubed|
1) In 3 quarts boiling water, cook noodles or spaghetti to which 1 tablespoon oil has been added.
2) Drain the noodles and rinse with cold water.
3) Preheat oven to 375°F.
4) Butter an ovenproof casserole.
4) In the skillet, saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon butter for 5 minutes.
5) Meanwhile, to the cooked noodles or spaghetti, add remaining butter, cream, and grated cheese (reserving 2 tablespoons of cheese for top of casserole).
6) Toss everything gently until thoroughly mixed, then place half the mixture in buttered casserole.
7) Place the turkey on this and cover with mushrooms and the remaining pasta.
8) Top with the 2 tablespoons of cheese.
9) Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until nicely browned.
10) Let the turkey rest for few minutes.
11) Serve the turkey tetrazzini as your mainstay and let the guests help themselves to carve it.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2269 Calories from Fat 1058
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 121 g185.6%
Saturated Fat 60.9 g304.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 705.2 mg235.1%
Sodium 1242.8 mg51.8%
Total Carbohydrates 159 g53%
Dietary Fiber 21.1 g84.5%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 137 g274.8%
Vitamin A 46.1% Vitamin C 4.6%
Calcium 88.6% Iron 55.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet