|All-purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Celery salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Boneless chuck/Round beef||1 3⁄4 Pound, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), minced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), peeled and minced|
|Boiling water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||4 Tablespoon (3 Heaping Tablespoon)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||12 , peeled|
|Potatoes||5 , peeled and quartered|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finley minced|
1) Combine together the flour, pepper and celery salt in a large bowl.
2) In the flour, toss the meat.
3) Over moderate high heat, place a large skillet and heat the oil.
4) Add the meat and brown it, stirring often, till it has been darkened on all the sides.
5) As soon as each piece has browned enough, transfer it to a small bowl.
6) Once all the meat is done, toss the garlic and onion together in the fat that has been left behind in the skillet.
7) Take the skillet off the heat.
8) Add the leftover flour and stir well.
9) Stir in the boiling water next, working quickly to ensure that the sauce is smooth.
10) Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt and tomato paste.
11) Get all the pan juices up by scraping the skillet-€™s bottom.
12) Turn the pan juice into a slow cooker.
13) In the bottom of the cooker, place the potatoes and carrots and scrape the meat over them.
14) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
15) Transfer the stew to a serving plate, garnish with parsley and serve while still hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3431 Calories from Fat 1085
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 122 g187.3%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2387.1 mg99.5%
Total Carbohydrates 341 g113.7%
Dietary Fiber 49.9 g199.8%
Sugars 57.5 g
Protein 254 g508.4%
Vitamin A 2489.8% Vitamin C 484.6%
Calcium 49.6% Iron 88.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet