Slaw With Mustard Mold
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||3 Tablespoon|
|Vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Herb / Wine Type)|
|Eggs||1 , slightly beaten|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cabbage||6 Cup (96 tbs), shredded|
|Chopped salted peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced pimiento||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|French dressing||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Soften gelatin in water.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, mustard and salt over a double boiler.
3) Add vinegar and eggs. Cook until thickened.
4) Remove the mixture from heat and add gelatin. Mix until dissolved.
5) Now, chill the mixture until it thickens.
6) Whip some cream and add to the mixture.
7) Take a one quart mold with cold water and transfer the mixture into it.
8) Chill the mixture until firm.
9) While the mixture chills, make the slaw by combining cabbage, peanuts, pimiento and dressing. Light the ingredients lightly.
10) Unmold the gelatin mixture on cabbage slaw and serve.