Southern Fried Chicken Strips
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Low fat plain yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Skinless boneless chicken breasts||1 Pound, cut into 3 x 1/2 x 1/2 inch strips|
|All-purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Thyme leaf||3⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground hot red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon (Or As Per Requirement)|
1) Take a medium size bowl to stir together milk and yogurt. Add chicken and toss to mix nicely.
2) Take a piece of wax paper and combine together thyme, flour, black pepper, salt and ground red hot pepper.
3) Take a cast iron skillet and pour about 1/4 -inch oil into it. Heat over medium-high flame.
4) Lift chicken strips from yogurt mixture and toss them, a few pieces at a time, in the prepared flour mixture.
5) When oil is hot (about 325° F), add the coated chips. Work in two batches so as to not crowd the skillet. Make sure that the oil is hot enough before adding the second batch. Fry until chicken turns brown at the bottom. Flip to brown on the other side. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel.
6) Serve immediately and enjoy!