Lady Baltimore Filling
|For white mountain cream frosting|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cut up dried figs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped maraschino cherries||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Toasted coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), flaked|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
WHITE MOUNTAIN CREAM FROSTING
1) In a small saucepan, sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt.
2) Cover and heat to boil.
3) Remove the lid, and allow to boil gently until the temperature comes to 242°F on a candy thermometer.
4) In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar to stiff peaks.
5) Gently stream hot syrup in the egg whites mixture, beating continuously at high speed until frosting is stiff.
6) Fold in the vanilla.
7) In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
8) Stir the White Mountain cream frosting in the coconut mixture.
9) Stir the mixture well together.
12) Use to frost cakes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2199 Calories from Fat 526
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g94.4%
Saturated Fat 21.4 g106.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 775.7 mg32.3%
Total Carbohydrates 416 g138.6%
Dietary Fiber 16.4 g65.7%
Sugars 325.9 g
Protein 24 g48.7%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 27%
Calcium 21.6% Iron 30.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet