Washington State Mashed Potatoes With Roasted Garlic
|Whole garlic head||2 Medium|
|Potatoes||4 Pound, peeled and quartered (Washington Red or White variety)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Bake garlic for 45 minutes.
3. Then, cut the top 1/2 inch of the garlic, squeeze to remove pulp and mash.
4. Boil the potatoes for about 30 minutes or until tender.
5. Drain well.
6. In a bowl, mix hot potatoes, milk, mayonnaise, butter, salt and pepper until well combined.
7. Whip the mixture at low speed, until smooth.
8. Finally, add garlic and mix until combined.
9. Serve at once.