Creole Pork Chops
|Pork chops||6 , cut about 3/4 inch thick (rib or shoulder)|
|Uncooked regular rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Canned tomatoes||2 Pound (2 cans, 1 pound each)|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
1) Trim excess fat from the chops.
2) In a pan, heat trimmings to make 2 tablespoons fat.
3) Discard the trimmings and add in the rice, stirring often.
4) When well toasted, remove and add in the chops and brown.
5) When done, remove and add in the onion and celery in the remaining fat and cook till golden.
6) Place the chops back in the pan and spoon in the rice between.
7) Add the tomatoes and seasonings and place lid over.
8) Gently cook for about 50 minutes till chops are tender.
9) Arrange chops on a serving tray and garnish with sprig of celery.