Baked Omelet Madison
|Eggs||8 Small, separated|
|All-purpose flour||4 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven at (350°).
2. In medium-size bowl beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
3. In another bowl beat egg yolks with water, salt and pepper until thick and lemon-colored and fold in flour gently.
4. Before combining whites and yolks, slip two 8x1 1/2-inch layer-cake pans, with 1 tablespoon butter or margarine in each, into moderate oven (350°).
5. Fold egg-yolk mixture lightly into beaten egg whites
6. Remove pans from oven, brush bottoms and sides well with the melted butter or margarine and spoon omelet mixture into pans, dividing evenly.
7. Mound edges slightly higher than center so that the omelet will be level on top when baked.
8. Bake in the preheated moderate oven 15 minutes until tops are dry and golden-brown.
9. With a knife loosen layers around edges, remove with pancake turner and put together on heated platter with creamy chicken sauce between layers.
10. With 2 forks (like breaking angel cake),cut omelet and serve with additional sauce, sausages or bacon and broiled tomato halves.
Add a green salad, crusty French bread and coffee for luncheon.
Calories 145 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.1%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 225 mg75%
Sodium 234.1 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.27 g1.1%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 7 g14.9%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 3% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet