Cabbage Pineapple Slaw
|Red cabbage||2 Pound, coarsely shredded (1 small sized one, 12 cups)|
|Carrot||1 Large, peeled and grated (1/2 cup)|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped (1/2 cup)|
|Sweet green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Sweet red pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Canned pineapple chunks in juice||8 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Pineapple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), reserved|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Plain low fat yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tarragon vinegar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Pineapple slice||1 , dried and slivered (1/3 cup)|
|Pepper rings||3 (Sweet green or red, for garnish, optional)|
1) Chop the pineapple chunks and keep aside.
2) Take big bowl and mix the cabbage, carrot, onion, green and red peppers.
3) Add the pineapple pieces to the cabbage mixture.
4) Take mayonnaise or salad dressing, sour cream, yogurt, vinegar and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Mix them well.
5) Add the reserved pineapple juice to the cabbage mixture. Mix all the things properly.
6) Garnish the dish with dried pineapple, green or red pepper rings.