Cabbage Pineapple Slaw
|Red cabbage||2 Pound, coarsely shredded (1 small sized one, 12 cups)|
|Carrot||1 Large, peeled and grated (1/2 cup)|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped (1/2 cup)|
|Sweet green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Sweet red pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Canned pineapple chunks in juice||8 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Pineapple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), reserved|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Plain low fat yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tarragon vinegar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Pineapple slice||1 , dried and slivered (1/3 cup)|
|Pepper rings||3 (Sweet green or red, for garnish, optional)|
1) Chop the pineapple chunks and keep aside.
2) Take big bowl and mix the cabbage, carrot, onion, green and red peppers.
3) Add the pineapple pieces to the cabbage mixture.
4) Take mayonnaise or salad dressing, sour cream, yogurt, vinegar and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Mix them well.
5) Add the reserved pineapple juice to the cabbage mixture. Mix all the things properly.
6) Garnish the dish with dried pineapple, green or red pepper rings.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1995 Calories from Fat 1301
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 145 g223.1%
Saturated Fat 19.6 g97.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 151.1 mg50.4%
Sodium 1197.9 mg49.9%
Total Carbohydrates 166 g55.4%
Dietary Fiber 36.4 g145.4%
Sugars 100.2 g
Protein 25 g50.3%
Vitamin A 531.3% Vitamin C 1709%
Calcium 70.5% Iron 56.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet