Hawaiian Shrimp Curry
|Grated coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Ginger root||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooked shrimp||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1) Add the coconut in a fine strainer, suspended over bowl.
2) Add 1 cup of boiling water over the coconut.
3) Allow to seep through the strainer.
4) Pour the same water over the coconut several times till the water is white and milky.
5) Discard the coconut.
6) In a pan, heat butter.
7) Add the onion and cook till tender.
8) Stir in the flour, curry powder, salt, sugar, and gingerroot.
9) Add in the milk and coconut water.
10) Cook, stirring frequently, till smooth and thick.
11) Add in the shrimp and heat to serving temperature.