Delicious healthy Pumpkin Pie. No eggs or cream or baking! The only thing that takes a bit of time is popping it in the freezer and waiting for it to set.
2 Cup (32 tbs), ground (for garnish)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (or Alternative natural syrup, for garnish)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), pitted (for garnish)
1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded (or Unsweetened Canned Pumpkin Puree(using canned pumpkin puree will not be raw), for garnish)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), unsweetened (for garnish)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for garnish)
1 Teaspoon (along with Pumpkin Pie Spice, for garnish)
1 Teaspoon (pure, for garnish)
To make the crust:
1. In a food processor add the almond meal, the maple syrup and the dates and blend well.
2. Take a pie dish and place a piece of plastic wrap into it (optional: helps to remove the pie if you wish to once it has been in the freezer for a few hours).
3. Place the crust into the dish and using your fingers to push it into the dish and make an even layer.
To make the filling:
4. In a food processor blend the pumpkin puree, almond milk, sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and the vanilla well.
5. Add on top of the crust and spread it evenly.
6. Pop in the freezer for a few hours.
7. Wait a few minutes before you cut the pie and for the layer of frostiness to disappear.
8. Cut into desired sizes and serve.
Transfer a couple of pieces to the fridge about 25 minutes before people want to eat it.
Pumpkin can be a healthy indulgence besides being a holiday affair. Watch Clare showing how to make a healthy, low calorie and delicious no-bake pumpkin pie in just a few simple steps. Good for health and great in taste perhaps to treat kids as well!