Boston Cream Pie
|Cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), scalded|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Small, slightly beaten|
1. Preheat oven moderate to 350°.
2. In a mixing bowl sieve dry ingredients together.
3. Mix shortening, milk, vanilla and almond extract
4. In a mixer beat the mixture for 2 minutes. Alternately beat with 300 strokes by hand.
5. Mix egg and beat for 2 minutes with mixer.
6. Grease two 8" or 9" round layer pans.
7. Pour the mixture into it.
8. Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes. This would make 2 layers.
9. Use one layer to make Boston Cream Pie. Freeze the other.
10. Divide the cooled cake layer across.
11. Spread Custard Cream Filling over the lower half.
12. Cover with top half.
13. To prepare Custard Cream Filling, in a bowl mix milk to mixture of sugar, cornstarch and salt.
14. Stir and cook slowly, until thick for about 10 to 15 minutes.
15. Add about 1/2 cup hot mixture to eggs and blend well.
16. Combine both mixtures and cook stirring for about 3 minutes.
17. Take off from heat.
18. Mix butter and vanilla.
19. Let it cool.
20. spread with Icing.