Delectable Chicken Bacon Mac and Cheese Bake
|Chicken||3 Pound, diced and divided into two parts|
|Cheddar cheese||32 Ounce, shredded|
|Pasta||1 Pound (medium shell)|
|Mayonnaise||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), seasoned|
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Rinse chicken under cool water
3. In a frying pan, drizzle some oil and fry the bacon until crisp.
4. Drain the baking grease on absorbent paper towels. You can also bake the bacon in the oven or microwave it if you don't want to fry it.
5. Heat a large frying pan and add 3 tbsp butter. Once the butter has melted, toss in the diced onion and fry until brown.
6. Add one portion of diced chicken to the pan and fry until golden brown. Transfer the content into a mixing bowl and keep aside.
7. Again add some butter to the pan and fry the rest of the diced chicken until soft and brown.
8. Dice the cooked bacon and add to the mixing bowl of chicken.
9. Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil.
10. Once the water has come to a boil, add pasta and cook it approximately for 11 minutes.
11. Drain your pasta and keep aside.
12. Mix pasta with chicken mixture and stir.
13. Add half a cup of cheese and mayonnaise and mix well. Make sure that the mixture is slightly sticky.
14. Grease the bottom and sides of the baking dish with butter.
15. Spread chicken mixture evenly throughout the pan.
16. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the mixture and top off with breadcrumbs.
17. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until it is golden brown in color.
18. Serve hot.
Calories 1269 Calories from Fat 838
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g145%
Saturated Fat 32.1 g160.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 248.3 mg82.8%
Sodium 1321.1 mg55%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 63 g125.4%
Vitamin A 22.4% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 68% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet