Southern Pecan Pie
|Half and half/Cream / undiluted evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|9 inch unbaked pie shell||1|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Into the blender, add in half and half or evaporated milk, corn syrup, butter or margarine, eggs, vanilla, sugar, flour and salt.
3) Using the Stir blade, blend all the ingredients for about 2 seconds.
4) Add in the pecan halves. Pulse 2 to 3 times till the nuts are coarsely chopped.
5) Transfer the mixture into the unbaked pie shell.
6) Bake for about 45 minutes till the crust turn a golden brown and the filling puffs up.
7) Let the pie cool down outside the oven.
8) Serve the Southern Pecan Pie garnished with whipped cream topping, if desired.