Barry and Phoebe have a go at making Whoopie Pies - lush.
Red food coloring
1 Tablespoon (Optional)
1⁄2 Tablespoon (For greasing)
For recipe GETTING READY
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 3/ 325 degrees F. Grease a baking pan with butter and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, cream together egg and brown sugar.
3. Add in the vanilla extract and butter and mix well. Followed by flour, buttermilk and red food color.
4. Drop the batter into the prepared baking pan, making small circles. Bake in oven for 17 minutes.
5. For icing – in a bowl, add in the icing sugar, butter and vanilla essence and mix well.
6. Take out the pies and let it cool completely.
7. Place the icing over the pie and seal with another pie.
8. Serve whoopie pie with milk, tea or coffee.
directions, please refer to the video