|9 inch pastry shell||1 (Crisco)|
|Canned unsweetened pineapple juice||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cooking apple||7 Medium, pared, cored and cut in wedges|
1. Following directions on the package, bake pastry shell and cool it completely.
2. In a large saucepan, blend together 1 1/4 cups of pineapple juice and sugar; bring the solution to boiling.
3. Stir in apple wedges; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes until apple is just tender.
4. Spoon apples from pan and keep aside for draining.
5. Into the remaining pineapple juice, stir in cornstarch and add to the saucepan.
6. Cook with constant stirring for 1 minute until the sauce is bubbly and thickens.
7. Remove the pan from heat and stir in butter, vanilla and salt.
8. Let it stand undisturbed for 10 minutes to cool down.
9. Into the prepared pastry shell, pour half of the pineapple sauce; spread all over the bottom.
10. Top with cooked apples and finally spread remaining pineapple sauce.
11. Refrigerate pie until chill.
12. Garnish pie with whipped cream and sprinkle top with chopped macadamia nuts.
13. Slice and serve chill.