|Cooking apple||4 Cup (64 tbs), cored and thinly sliced|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Packed brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cereal||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), crushed|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), melted|
1. In a greased pie plate, add apples and sprinkle with lemon juice.
2. In a bowl, add sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and mix well. Add crushed cereals and melted butter and mix until crumbly texture is obtained.
3. Stir 3/4th of the mix with the apples in the pie plate.
4. Top the remaining 1/4th mixture for the crust.
5. In a preheated oven, bake at 225 degrees centigrade for about, 25 minutes until slightly golden brown.
6. Allow to cool.
7. Serve warm.
Calories 956 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.1%
Saturated Fat 19.6 g97.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.6 mg26.9%
Sodium 123.5 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 173 g57.8%
Dietary Fiber 13.5 g53.9%
Sugars 129.1 g
Protein 5 g9.6%
Vitamin A 34.8% Vitamin C 60.5%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 42.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet